Been taking up coaching of some young kids in the recent months. Feels quite accomplishing to teach and to be called coach (except for an obnoxious few who likes to call me by name) and really proud to be able to give back to this sport that has given me all that I have today. Knowing that I play a part in these kids' future dreams (and fitness for a few fatasses) makes me feel that Sunday mornings are not wasted. Some go to church to worship god while others just sleep in (which I must say sounds pretty tempting) but to be surrounded by my passion even on a Sunday morning, priceless.
Abit of a dilemma and heart wrenching moment for me when I only could sub it 4 players at a time and I had 14 players to play. Selecting 4 energetic/hyperactive and enthusiastic kid pleading while jumping up and down really fucks with my head. Totally understand saimengs selection dilemma better now.
If one day, against all odds, one or more of them make it to the national team and do us proud, i would consider it my long overdue debt to this savior of a sport repaid. May your passion for the sport never die and your determination for excellence never falter young ones. It's a lovehaterelationship with success, that's partly why it's fun after all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home