I realize that for the longest time now, as much as I hate to admit it, as much as I would like to think im different from many of the friends I know, I've actually been a slave of the social media too. No, its not that I am acutely addicted to it (although at times, I do think I might be haha), its that I guess i get affected by it too much.. way too much than I, or anyone with any sense of prudent thoughts should be. Out of 800 plus people on Instagram and 1000 plus on Facebook (do i even know 1000 plus people?), how many do I really seek the approval of? How many of their opinions do I really give a fuck about? But yet, when making decisions about what to publish on these mediums, I do take into account who sees it and the subsequent consequences of their viewing or their knowledge of my social media content. I believe that this is an issue that not only I face, but about most people with social media that I know face. Do we really seek their approval or care for what they think? As the saying goes (not sure if this is too modern to be considered a "saying"), "Those that care don't matter and those who matter, don't care", I think this applies greatly to this social media conundrum that people of our generation face.
just random piece of thought and to teach and remind myself to care less about the social media and treat it as the play thing that it is (ok unless you are some big shit influencer then its your livelihood).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home