g
Omg Sportscamp was so crazy! Really, a mix of emotions from nostalgia to frustration to happiness to being touched (is that an emotion?). So awesome indeed. My first (and possibly last) time being a faci at a camp leaves much to be desired for I guess. Reflection upon my behaviour really is a hard thing to do because well its abit embarrassing how I acted on the first day I guess. Ought to have remembered that I'm a faci now and not a freshie anymore and my job is to uncover the personalities of all these new boys and girls instead of trying to mould them into my own. Ought to have let them find their own experience in this camp instead of trying to force my own enjoyable experience upon them. Everyone has their own experience I guess. Looked back at how my great facis helped us enjoyed the camp and I guess I kinda learned abit and got better? But some things I don't regret such as my abrasive and unarguably rude approach towards people, that's really just me. Don't really think I really hurt any feelings cause I'm quite good at spotting such things I guess. So moving on to less serious stuff, let's take a look at this 5d4n experience! Yes one extra day and night for us sad facis :((
Day one was the most boring day of them all I guess, cause I was kinda being a prick all day long I guess. Woke up at 6 fucking am (oh damn), the beginning of our sleepdamnlittle spree for the whole camp. After our excitement derived from analyzing their email names, fb profiles, shirt sizes and medical conditions, we are finally seeing them. Ok no special excitement there though, all freshies have that hesitance in them on the first day as usual. But I think that they are looking pretty sporty though so yay :3 went through the school sports, mostly rathher normal, nothing special but I guess I'm quite impressed with some of the group, especially the girls. But well I've seen these sports quite a few time so I'm really not that excited about it. Was just busy taking photos of them haha. Golf was really lame. Rock climbing was ok ont, it's fun to climb but terribly boring to watch :/ floorball was not bad though we lost but I really liked it when everyone was cheering for their friends by hammering at the floorball boards heh, take that floorball people! Had rugby after that but sadly all Sonia and I could remember after rugby was "only the hooker can throw the ball" Hahahahahahha. And my camera freaking died at waterpolo. Sadddddnessss :(((( but ok I think i bullied the freshies abit too much here, drawing some complaints. But it's quite lame cause imagine if I had a freshie of equivalent standard instead, what's there to complain about man. But nvm. I could only remember about flare aka cheer leading after that. Hahaha to be honest, I really think its one of the more fun activities of the day! Not that I advocate the statement that cheerleader is a sport, (I strongly don't by the way), but it was just something I saw everyone enjoying I guess. Fight night was as usual not very interesting I guess, I was so bloody tired by then I was really falling asleep at stations :/ Silat was the station to look out for for everyone though. So much fighting involved! And the guys matches were always so freaking
Violent, super nice to watch! Plus the girl girl from my group was mega violent and really looked like she enjoyed smashing the opponent hmmm ( on a side note, her punches don't actually hurt though ). Day one night was so intense, we actually met till late to discuss cheers and clan morale. So cuteeeeee these facis :3
Day 2 was so... Tiring. I was really crazy tired when I woke up. But it was sentosa day!!! Remembered it being quite awesome last year so was super looking forward to it. Really happy that they seemed to open up much more to each other though! Beach games were soooooo sooooo much more fun! And I carried a much more
Positive attitude on the second day so I'm
Actually proud of myself hehe, I was
More of the have fun guys, more important to have fun at this camp. Never thought that I would advocate this but I guess i should have realized earlier that my role changed when I moved on from being a freshie to being a faci. But somehow everyone seemed to be better on the second day!! Guess it was the correct attitude to adopt after all! Really pleased. AND I WON MY FIRST TUG OF WAR EVERR. and the freshies also won theirs, TWICE. ok im really proud of that one actually. to do TWO tug of wars is actually damn hardcore. i did one and i was all cramping up and stuff, realized how much leg strength im actually supposed to use for tug of war heh. plus i had deadweight kimberly behind me HAHA But second night was really supaaaaaa intense! really a freaking roller coaster of emotions. the crazy highness of wearing party hats to meetings to going crazy then going angry. it was really such a memorable night when the legs finally took shape and we realized that our performance isnt going to be fucking crappy after all. sidenote, crazy moment coming up. ok it wasnt THAT funny on hindsight but at that point of time it was about the crazy fucking funniest stuff ever already
legs were finally made and kim went to try on one of the pair.
kim: why is this one so long ah, i where got that long
someone else: erm thats diane's one
-moment of silence as everyone realizes how big the difference in length of both pairs is-
cue laughter for one whole minute. with crying too.
omg i cant forget these people. super fucking awesome and super funny. then the night got bad though when we started rhearsing and doing shit till super late. everyone was just so angst. diane was in icantsleeptoolate mood, kim wasnt smiling (thats saying alot already), jess was just solemn, eka and i were just scolding everyone all type of words. sigh crazy night. but its still happy memories i guess.
ok im going to just stop here about sportscamp cause i dont know how to save drafts on the computer. this whole post has actually been like 4 drafts worth of words but my com fucked with my latest draft so the last part seem abit too rushed i guess.
glad to make new friends, glad to make close friends, but why do we bother sometimes when we are already very certain that we will drift. they give us meaning and joy to our present but also longing and nostalgia to our future.
on another note, its great to be back at training. crazy sets nowadays but im sure we will pull through like the same period last year when we were doing the beep test on monday sets, technical after gyms on tues and thurs, 4by20by30 sprint sets on wed, and effing long distance on fridays.
observation observation observation observation. see more of the surrounding, dont look at the small picture. how apt, the closer you look, the less you'll see

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home