Monkey see Monkey do

Thursday, May 22, 2014

we speak of Asian fourth place all the time, but how many of us live and train and fucking breathe it. During goal setting and probably during the competition itself, that feeling of unbridled, raw ambition wells up in our chests as we dared ourselves to dream. I know. I've been to enough (such meetings and competitions) to know how it feels like, Yes i guess I am guilty of such things too, to just dare to dream but dont dare to live the dream. To live the dream isn't to just turn up in body everyday, but to live every training remembering that feeling of emotion, ambition, guts and glory welling up in you and use it as fuel for training. Use it as fuel for you to go on when there are a thousand reasons why you shouldnt go on and a thousand different places you could be at that point of time and a thousand (more like just one big FATIGUE) ways to justify why you shouldnt put in a little more. Daring to dream is good, but daring to live that dream, that requires another level.

Maybe i'm just saying this cause i felt i trained like shit today and it's really an attitude i'm appalled to see myself having. Me. The guy who prides his hardwork over any other attribute. I didnt slack of course, i felt tired, but i didnt feel like i wanted it. Today, and i guess some other days too, i didnt feel like i wanted to be Asian 4th place, i felt like i wanted to go home after a long day. fuck. I dont have many other things in life that i am proud of, please let me lift my head high and live my days proudly doing what I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home