Another competition passed, another competiton older. No longer under 23 anymore. Looking back, it's been quite a journey and as sadistic as it sounds, every minute of this torturous life, I enjoyed it. I really have no regrets about it, probably the only regret is that I didn't start earlier hah.
Lost count of it but been changing bags pretty frequently these two three years, ok frequently to me, someone who before that, used the same bag with a giant hole for 4 years straight. But that was the bag that really filled me with memories, it was the bag that I shared with the closest people I have in my life, the bag that's been to competition, to school, to army and to ever hellhole within those 4 years. Never really thought I would have changed it but it's really getting worn out and it was something that was going to happen sooner or later, in that case, way way later considering the shitty condition it was in. Then it was the red one that saw me through the first year of my uni, the Asian champs bag, it's seen a lot too, but probably a year of my life I was most confused with. Then it was the black orange backpack from Kuwait. My first backpack from the national team, something I yearned for since I was around 16 or 17. Monumental moment really, might not have been really eutrophic when I got it but hell I was proud of it and satisfied as hell. Plus black and orange might seem funny at first but it really really grew on me and I super super loved it. It accompanied me through a really transitional period of my life, from confused to luckily in love now, from junior to senior and from. Then the new bag I just got a week ago, the red and white backpack. Can't say it's grown on me yet but yes it helps that it's the exact same design and if I close my eyes I prob can't tell a difference. But I guess this bag also meant a new phase of my life to me. My first time holding a leadership position for the country (u23 but still I'm happy with it), a stable rs that I actually see a future in (something new too) and a new determination in life as I really start heading into adulthood. This bag just feels like it's going to see me through great things to come and possibly, happier, much happier days.
Point is, guess these bags all represent a different phase of my life. Each key chain, each lucky charm, each scratch, each mark are all memories. And only those I really treasure, I bring on to the next bag because they are memories that I hold dear even to my next phase. Of course I treasure others all the same but some memories are really meant to belong in another phase of our lives.
And I just dedicated one whole post to bags. Omg I'm turning into a girl

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home