Monkey see Monkey do

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

January 2020

Quite an eventful first month to 2020. A quick summary of what I did this month

-Spent another NYE with some of my closest friends: 
Really reminded me that this is the 16th year that we know each other for most of us and since  I dont believe in fate, then it must truly be our compatibility as friends that kept us together for this long. Another longass round of new years resolution with mine being to move out. going to be a tough one to fulfill.

-Made the collective decision to end HBWB Asia:
I mean this came as no surprises to be very honest, with the lack of communication and mention of the event that we worked so fucking hard to make come true eventually fading out and away. Yes, its no surprise but I guess it still tugs away at a corner of my emotional heartstrings as thats prob as close to entreprenuership that I have gotten.

-Jay Chou Concert
fucking mindblown by Jay Chou's concert, crazy dazzling and impressive visuals, amazing songs, creative ideas, and speaking segments showing us his most candid self. Absolutely loved it even though we were sitting super far away. Inspired by this massive star of a man who advocates hardwork almost more than any other celebrity. 

-Taiwan Holiday/KL Wedding
First trip with Lucie to kenting, kaohsiung, and KL and I am thoroughly impressed, and definitely excited for more to come. Great trip planning from her with us visiting amazing food places (yes, thats one of the most important things for me on a holiday). Heartwarming, star wars themed holiday from the possible in laws (lucie's sister) and actually a pretty warm family that I think my father tries to replicate forcibly but to no avail. but alas, they have their problems too, which i shant touch on of course.

-Tragedies after Tragedies
The Aussie bushfire that wiped out hundreds of millions of wildlife, the coronavirus from wuhan that though not as deadly as SARS, showed us something much worse: how fucked up human beings can be. maybe we do deserve some of these plagues to kill us off for what some of us have become. Patients ripping off doctors' mask and spitting at them to "die together", potential patients sneaking out of their country by some little scheme or another, its really alot of fuckery going on here and it does pains me to read about such shit. Then Kobe's passing which I guess, was even more unforeseen than the bushfire and the virus. 

Managed to clear out 2 books this month out of the 12 for the year, wayyyy ahead of schedule.

This will Never work by Marc Randolph. The story of Netflix, and if i had to describe it in a short sentence, it would be the practical application of the Blitzscaling book

Bad Blood. about the story of theranos, one of the most incredible tales of incredibly notorious human beings. really gripping for a non fiction book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home